I'll Be There For You When You Need Me

Saturday, December 18, 2004

17th December

The atmosphere wasn't right - too tensed. Apparently, the whole team knows abt what happened last night & they aren't too pleased. To be frank, I dun like this feeling of high tension amongst the members coz it spoils team's dynamics & I dun like the fact that this YEP have to end with an ugly misunderstanding / mis-communication whatever it is. We juz have to get our priorities right & act like mature adults.

Progress at the work-site is slow & lifeless. There are no happy faces or happy laughters. All I did was juz pouring soil to form the mini-garden, a pretty simple job which took little effort to accomplish. After that, I just sat on the pile of gravel & started writiing my journal; this kept me occupied till lunch.

Lunch was bad. I juz ate a plate of rice with winter-melon soup + vegggies. Not many of the girls went to the 'Long-House' for lunch. As for me, I went to the Village Store as usual for my daily dose of snacks. I noticed XY was very quiet; talked to her, she didn't answer much so I left her alone. Before work started, Lihui, Ashley, XY & I went to the 'Long-Bench' area, walked the path down to see the scenery. It was breath-taking! The flowers were gorgeous too! We took quite a few photos - haha...very funny poses we had!

When work resumed. We had to clear the area again. Then I proceeded to scrap dried mud off the brick-off. It's really fun! Although it's tiring too. Nothing much. Ended work at 4pm, after that I helped with the preparation of the dinner - cut potatoes & veggies, cooked them too - Quite a different experience coz I somehow enjoyed it.

Dinner's fantastic tonight. French fries, preserved fish, fried instant noodles with veggies, all these dishes ensured that I had a full dinner. Then I accompanied Evan to Yanwei's place, stayed for a while, but Yanwei decided not to come to my place (she's afraid of the cats). So we went back & XY, Vivian & PY came. They showed us photos on the lappie & the host family were so happy, especially Na-sor; she saw her pictures & she was so amused, shy & happy. My heart melts seeing their happy faces. After that, we gals lied on the bed to talk; hmmm...really enjoy this coz it's really been a long-time that I did such stuff with my gal pals. Miss you babes in Singapore, you know who you are.

I miss you too! How've you been doing? I know you know how to take care of yourself, so I just hope you're happy with whatever you're doing.

Thought of The Day:

Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.

Aldous Huxley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home